Our evidence-based approach, adapted to meet each community’s unique needs, is the basis for our success. Many children face challenges both inside and outside the classroom. Through a school-based site coordinator, Communities In Schools strategically aligns and delivers needed resources so that students can focus on learning.
- Identify and provide resources to schools, based on needs.
- Develop a plan, work with a team of educators, assess student individual needs and and provide a support system.
- Partner with schools, community agencies, businesses, and youth advocates to work with students and their families.
- Monitor student and school progress.
- Analyze results.
- Determine whether to continue the practice or make adjustments to improve results.
The mission of Communities In Schools is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.